Thursday, October 5, 2017

DJI Mavic Pro is my new favorite quadcopter! Amazing!

DJI sent Barnacules Nerdgasm over their latest DJI Mavic Pro quadcopter and it absolutely blew away almost all of my expectations. We unbox the aircraft in my Nerd Cave & then take it to DirtFish Rally School where we have 300 acres of clear airspace to play around. I can say with absolute confidence that this is a swiss army knife of drones that can do it all, indoors or outdoors!

▼ Do you run AdBlock? If so please consider donating directly to help out ▼

PayPal @

▼ Purchase DJI Mavic Pro & Accessories ▼

DJI Mavic Pro Aircraft - Mavic Pro Battery - Mavic Pro Propellers - Get my Coffee Mug (Coffee Makes Me Poop) See how I got animated wallpaper like shown in this video Mavic Pro Specs ▼

27 min flight time (we got about ~20 in the wind)

7 km range (4.4 miles, I can't find an area big enough to test this)

65Km/h (40mph forward speed with no wind)

3-axis gimbal w/ 4k Camera (12MP stills)

Tripod mode allows for very small precision movements in confined spaces

GPS + Sensor data allows for a flawless hover even in moderate wind

▼ Come follow me on social media for behind the scenes stuff 24/7 ▼

Twitter - (*My most active network)

Instagram -

Facebook - - Follow me on Twitch to be alerted when I live stream Discount on GT Omega Racing Office Chair ▼

GT Omega Chairs @ code 'NERDGASM' at checkout!

▼ Special Thanks ▼

Adam (aka. Kevlar Condom) - Camera Man #1

Phil (Imaging InFlight) - Chase Drone Footage

▼ Join My Folding@Home Team And Let's Find A Cancer Cure ▼

Barnacules Nerdgasm Team # 231300

Download Client @ Top 10 contributors shown on Twitter weekly!

▼ Questions & Answers ▼

Q) What was the little flickering hair during the ariel video?

A) It was windy and somehow a fiber got blown into the little dome and we didn't notice it on the small screen with the sunlight. Only noticed it during editing. The dome is removable for easy cleaning, keep in mind it was really windy and raining so not ideal conditions.

Q) Why didn't you show all the features of the aircraft?

A) The video edited is already 17 minutes long if I added all the footage it would have been over an hour. I'll do a follow video later if enough people want it.

Q) Why did you throw your Phantom 3 off the desk? Someone would love to have that.

A) I still love my Phantom 3, don't worry though the magic of video it landed on a pile of coats and was completely unharmed.

Q) Why didn't you test sport-mode?

A) To be honest the wind was blowing hard and I wanted to have more control over the aircraft. We will test sport mode on a calmer day but I'm excited to see how fast it goes since without sport mode it was still going very quickly.

Q) It's not 'May-vick' it's 'Maa-vick' you dumb ass.

A) Here in Seattle, WA I talked to about a half dozen people and they all called it 'May-vick' so I did also. Let's just call it a Western USA accent :D

Q) You're supposed to remove the clear dome you dumb ass.

A) I just contacted DJI and you're absolutely right. They claim the dome is to protect the gimbal when flying and not taking video or for transporting. The fact the clear dome came with a rubber cover made it seem obvious it's supposed to stay on the aircraft and is only removable to clean. You learn something new every day.

**Help stop Microsoft Windows 10 Privacy Invasion by signing this

For a variety of quality Camera Drones,

go to eBay Camera Drone link:

http://videxponential.net/eBayCameraDrones

No comments:

Post a Comment